My Mum was away for the weekend, so me and Ben got to look after lizlu! It’s been so strange not having her around to talk to (of course I chat to my dog? Who doesn’t?) So we have treated her to lots of walks and she got to sleep in our bed and at the moment she’s watching the football with Ben! Perfect selfish Sunday – She even got some bacon when I made a cooked Breakfast this morning. I spoil her rotten.
My utterly beautiful and wonderful best friend is moving to london tomorrow for University, so we had- ‘The ultimate Brighton day’! Of course a day with such a name includes a trip to the pier, and we headed straight to the 2p machines… and killed them! I won some prize tickets and lots more 2p’s back. Then we carried on to the- DOLPHIN DERBY. The BEST game on the pier. We both won a turtle (we have named them Brighton & Hove) and I got one of the Belgian waffles, with choclate and coconut…ooo baby. After all the excitement of winning turtles and eating yummy things we went to our favourite cream tea shop and sorted out our museum day next week! I love my Funbelina very much and always enjoy our little days out.
Now I have to take into account food and rent over clothes I have to become creative and sparing with the way I spend my money. So.. Charity shops it is, luckily I have a decent little row of shops that are a treasure chest just waiting to be opened! The above photos are some of my recent finds (apart from the coat I got from Wolf and Gypsy- Re-worked Vintage Millitary jacket!) :
- Chinese jacket- We have some of these for sale in W&G and they had never really come to my attention before, but they look so nice on with a pair of jeans and simple t-shirt. I found this one in oxfam and it’s reversible, the colours on both sides are so vivid, I will also use it to layer up in winter.
- Cardigan- It speaks for itself really, a nice comfy granny cardi. The little pattern along the hems are really sweet and it will go with anything! I found this in help the aged for £1.99 and i’m fairly sure I won’t be taking it off.
- Horse Belt- How good is this belt!? I found it in help the aged ( has to be my favourite of the local charity shops!) and snapped it up straight away, I have to put some more holes in it as it’s rather large, but it’s a great find.
- Blue Bakelite Bangle- Yes that is right.. BAKELITE, I found this in (yet again) Help the aged and didn’t let it out of my grasp untill I got to the till! It’s really beautifully carved and the colour is just perfect. for 50p it has to be favourite recent find.
- The Records- ‘The Boswell Sisters’ & ‘Dolly Parton- Jolene’ two amazing records that I haven’t stopped playing since I got them!
All of this I have bought for under £10 from charity shops and I think that’s my shopping craving out of the way! so now I will get back to weekly shopping and saving for the shelves we need for the flat.